Utilizes PAR SureCheck® Intelligent Checklist Solution to Automate Its Food Safety Practices in Over 250 Hypermarket Locations
New Hartford, NY – April 16, 2015 – PAR Technology Corporation (NYSE: PAR) announced today that a 2014 FORTUNE 50 retailer, has deployed the PAR SureCheck® solution in all of their hypermarket stores. The retailer’s selection of the SureCheck software suite as its standard for food safety measurement and task and check list management strengthens its industry-leading efforts to ensure its prepared foods are safe for its patrons.
The customer sought to find an efficient and user-friendly food quality application that included detailed recording, on-screen troubleshooting, and a mobile iOS application. The subscription based SureCheck solution offers mobile iOS capable support while reporting real time data, corrective actions, and scheduled checklist capabilities which enforce compliance, and provide remediation steps. PAR’s scalable cloud-based infrastructure enables clients to collect data from anywhere, providing the opportunity to improve business operations and food safety management practices. By automating the recording of temperature checks and observations, the customer’s operations improve accuracy and increase operational efficiency while ensuring food safety and quality. With its vast enterprise configuration range and ease of training, SureCheck is a platform they can build upon for additional in-store requirements. SureCheck is helping improve food safety and the efficiency of operations while protecting the retailer’s customers and brand.
“SureCheck is assisting the world’s largest retailers by improving food safety and operational efficiencies in thousands of food service locations around the globe,” said Karen Sammon, President, ParTech. “We are proud that another FORTUNE 50 company is using SureCheck to provide confidence in food quality and an improved shopping experience to increase customer loyalty.”
About PAR SureCheck
SureCheck is a subscription-based mobile app solution that provides intelligent checklist management for Hazard Analysis & Critical Control Points (HACCP) food safety programs and employee-assigned tasks. The SureCheck V6 platform comprises four integrated technologies that are easy to use and quick to deploy: the SureCheck mobile application, a patented multi-mode wireless temperature measuring device (TMD), a cloud-based enterprise configuration, and reporting server application.
SureCheck automates the full lifecycle of checklist management to help retailers, restaurants, and hotels:
• Ensure that employees know what tasks are required, and monitor compliance
• Improve the efficiency of completing checklists with up to a 60% speed improvement compared to pen and paper
• Potential paper cost savings – up to $40,000 per year in purchase and storage costs for a medium size grocery chain
• Manage HACCP-driven compliance programs
• Improve food safety and quality by ensuring hot and cold foods meet health safety requirements
• Recommend corrective actions when an out of tolerance temperature or abnormal observation is recorded
• Maintain accurate records in a cloud-based server for compliance, reporting, business intelligence and analytical requirements
• Enable the delivery of better quality prepared foods, leading to happier customers and more repeat business
Temperature Measuring Device (TMD) 2.0 features and benefits include:
• Faster temperature measurement means less time spent recording measurements
• Longer read range for radio frequency identification device (RFID) allows the user to be further away from the RFID tag when reading
• Bluetooth Low Energy (BTLE) 4.0 support is more robust and efficient, offering extended battery life with mobile devices
• “Zero” baseline adjustment button allows the user to adjust the baseline temperatures to extend time between sending unit back for re-calibration
• Improved reliability of the TMD 2.0
About PAR Technology Corporation
PAR Technology Corporation’s stock is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol PAR. PAR’s Hospitality segment has been a leading provider of restaurant and retail technology for more than 30 years. PAR offers technology solutions for the full spectrum of restaurant operations, from large chain and independent table service restaurants to international quick service chains. PAR’s Hospitality business also markets hotel management systems that provide a complete suite of powerful tools for guest management, recreation management, and timeshare/condo management. In addition, PAR provides the spa industry a leading management application that was specifically designed to support the unique needs of the resort spa and day spa markets, a rapidly growing hospitality segment. Products from PAR also can be found in retailers, cinemas, cruise lines, stadiums and food service companies. PAR’s Government segment is a leader in providing computer-based system design, engineering, and technical services to the Department of Defense and various federal agencies. Visit www.partech.com for more information.