Kiosks are providing a valuable service for guests every time they step into a restaurant.
How are concepts leveraging the technology to create a truly personalized experience to delight everyone who walks through the door?
PAR’s Kiosk Whitepaper covers several major topics, including:
- What the largest brands are doing to leverage kiosks in their locations
- How kiosks will impact staff allocation in fast casual and quick service restaurants
- How kiosks are using machine vision and artificial intelligence to service customers
- The financial impact of relying on technology versus cashiers
- Why kiosks are the future of line busting
- How kiosks create personalized experiences for each customer
- Data collection in an age of increased privacy
The Days of "Would You Like Fries with That?" Are Over
Most of us have been the recipient of a tired cashier upsell that has almost no chance of converting into a sale, but those days may soon be over. Kiosks provide the same services as a cashier would, but are able to make suggestions based on a slew of data points. From the weather outside to the time of day, kiosks have the power to make relevant suggestions to influence what guests are most likely to order at that point in time.
What are the results? Concepts with kiosks routinely report average ticket sizes that are 15% higher compared to a cashier. One large quick service concept reported that locations outfitted with kiosks earn about 5-6% more during the first year they’re installed, and an additional 2% the following the year.
In a crowded industry saturated with options, the need to remove as much hassle from the ordering process is paramount to a location’s success. Customers are no longer content with waiting in line and time is of the essence.