According to Restaurant Technology’s 2016 Industry Report, 68% of diners agree that server handheld tablets improve their guest experience.
Mobile POS solutions have been a revolutionizing component in restaurants in recent years- a groundbreaking and defining part of a cultural shift that has rocked the restaurant industry to its core and caused it to redefine methodologies and attitudes worldwide.
Mobility has immersed itself completely in restaurants, and can now singlehandedly improve customer satisfaction, and provide guests with the optimal dining experience.
Customers can now place orders online via their smartphones, servers can now take guest orders via tablets, and kitchen staff can now utilize digital menu boards to operate quickly and efficiently to minimize customer wait time.
Mobility is everywhere, and there is no escaping it. It has become synonymous with dining, and embracing the trend will keep your brand popular and prosperous.
Here are some of the use cases and functionality of Tablets and other mPOS systems to improve your business:
Mobile/Table POS: This function allows for mobile payment, quicker table turnovers, upselling opportunities, and an increase in overall efficiency as orders are sent directly from the table to the kitchen, and allows the serving staff to spend more time with the guests.
- The tablet can be used as a portable and valuable tool for the server- they now carry all food information at their fingertips; the list of recipe ingredients, cooking specifications, etc. This can be extremely beneficial when guests have allergies, or special diet restrictions.
- The tablet can also remain “fixed” on the table, and serve as an interactive menu for the customer to utilize.
- The host/hostess can display a diagram of the dining room on the tablet, and use for table availability and reservations- replacing a seating chart or reservations book.
Store/inventory management: The restaurant/store managers can use the tablet for employee scheduling, the back office computer, and an inventory of ingredients and restaurant materials.
Line busting & Queue Busting: Using a mobile device in this way increases overall efficiency by giving managers and staff the opportunity to take orders from customers while they are waiting in line during peak hours, and also speeds up the check-out process. Guests can decrease their wait time, and this function ensures quick and efficient turnover for those guests that need to dine with a sense of urgency.
Personalized shopping experiences: Tablets can provide limitless personalized suggestions to enhance the guest dining or shopping experience. This function can provide wine/food pairings, suggestive up-selling, such as recommending a dessert or appetizer, can contain videos, narratives, clips, and an interactive wine/beer list, to name a few.
Consumer desire for attraction, appeal and convenience continues to increase at an extraordinary pace. Customers are no longer simply satisfied with a tasty meal- they desire an environment and brand centered around relationship building. Dining is linked with socialization in the minds of the current generations- whether it be socializing with friends and family, or leveraging social media outlets and technology to enrich their experiences.
It is more vital than ever to listen to the demands of consumers in order to increase overall performance and profitability.
According to Restaurant Technology in 2016 Industry Report:
- 79% of diners agree that restaurant technology improves their guest experience.
- 68% of diners agree that server handheld tablets improve their guest experience.
- 83% of adults use smartphones or tablets to look up restaurant locations, directions, and hours. 75% look up menus, 55% read reviews, 51% order takeout or delivery directly from the restaurant website.
- Restaurant operators have increased the use of mainstream technology in their businesses by 14%.
- Four in five restaurant operators agree that restaurant technology helps increase sales, make their restaurant more productive, and gives their restaurant a competitive edge.
Mobility is here to stay, and the sooner restaurants deploy the appropriate technology, the better!