If you live on the East Coast or Midwest, you are probably really feeling the winter blues by now.
January – March tend to be slower months for restaurants, especially when its 10 degrees outside and Netflix and the couch is calling your name. So, how do you get customers to bundle up and head to your establishment? How about adding some specialty cocktails to your menu! There’s no better excuse to plan a date night or girls’ night out!
Here are a few that sound extra delicious!
Rumchata Hot Cocoa – What’s better than a hot cup of cocoa on a cold winter evening? The answer is nothing! Unless there’s a little rum in there, too.
- 2 1/2 c. whole milk
- 1/4 c. granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 6 oz. chocolate chips (or chopped bittersweet chocolate)
- 1/2 c. Rumchata
- 1/3 c. warm caramel
- Whipped cream, for serving
- Cinnamon sugar, for garnish
- Cinnamon stick, for garnish
Irish Coffee – With St. Patrick’s Day in March, this will be a hot item that everyone is looking for. Add this to your brunch and dessert menu!
- 16 oz. hot water
- 2 tsp. light brown sugar
- 2 oz. Irish whiskey
- 1 c. brewed coffee
- 1/2 c. heavy cream for topping
- Chocolate shavings, for garnish
Spiced Wine – The warm spices in this drink are sure to give you that cozy feeling. Serve besides your restaurant fireplace, or over a candle light dinner.
- 2 bottles light-bodied red wine
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- Zest of 1 orange
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 3 black peppercorns, crushed
- 2 cardamom pods, crushed
- One 3-inch cinnamon stick, crushed
- 1 clove, crushed
- 1/2 cup kirsch
Hot & Heavy Grog – Feel a cold coming on? This will do the trick to soothe that dreaded sore throat.
- 1 oz. overproof rum, such as Wray & Nephew
- 1⁄2 oz. honey simple syrup
- 1⁄4 oz. fresh lime juice
- Lemon peel, to garnish
Sugar Cookie Martini – Talk about the ultimate dessert cocktail. This martini covers all the bases – sweet, delicious, pretty and it’s served with a cookie!
For the Martini
- 1/2 c. whole milk
- 1/4 c. Baileys
- 2 oz. vanilla vodka
- 2 oz. amaretto
For the Rim
- 1/2 c. vanilla frosting
- 1/4 c. sprinkles, plus 1 tsp., divided
- Pre-made sugar cookie dough
We hope these inspire you to get creative behind the bar!